What is the best improve spelling app out there? Spelling is one of the pillars of the English language. There can be many reasons, why some people can’t spell correctly. Some people even believe that spelling is part of the IQ, But I don’t think that because nobody’s perfect and everyone cannot be a master at everything. Improving spelling can be hard because once you stop using a word, you forget it’s spelling. This is the reason I have written 4 best improve spelling apps for iOS and Android in 2019.
Spelling Master – Free
A powerful improve spelling app for Android and iOS. The app comes with many games mentioned below.
- One word two forms, which helps you select the correct word from two identical words.
- Find misspelt, which is similar to the first game, but it shows some entirely different words.
- Find correct is the third game which shows you a few words and you must select the right word.
- The next game is which letter. The game shows you a word and then asks you to type a letter of that word.
- The next game is deciding. which shows you a word and asks you whether the word is correctly spelled.
- Decide and correct is the sixth game which shows you a word and asks you whether the word is correctly spelt or not. If the word is not correctly spelt, then you will be asked to select the correct word on the next screen.
- The last one is multiple choice, which shows you 4 words, and you must select all the words with correct spelling.
- In practice rounds, the app randomly selects the questions and asks you one by one.
You can open each game and play. The app saves the high score for each game separately. It also shows you a tutorial before starting the game, so you know what you are going to do. There is also an overall score, which is the count of your all games score. The app has over 1 million downloads on Google Play and has 4.0 ratings and has many downloads on the App Store. With so many mini-games, the app is a great improve spelling app. The app has 5.0 ratings on the App Store in the US and 4.0 on Google Play. The app has been downloaded over 17 million times.
Check out: SwiftKey vs Gboard.
- You get all the mentioned tools for free.
- The app is easy to use and easy to navigate.
- Some of the buttons did not work while testing the app.
Kids Spelling Learning
The app name of the is Kids Spelling Learning, but adults can also benefit from this app because there is no age for learning. Kids Spelling Learning is a simple app which helps you type hundreds of words. After opening the app, you get a bunch of categories including alphabets, birds, animals, vegetables, three letters, six letters etc. After selecting one of these, you find the screen with a keyboard and a picture of the word. You will also hear the word, and you get a chance to type that word. As you type, you hear the letter, and once you have correctly typed the word, the app goes to the next question. Over 5 million users have installed and the app has 4.2 ratings out of 5.
- Simple and easy to navigate.
- Comes with hundreds of words for you to practice.
- Ads free version is costly.
Ultimate English Spelling Quiz
The app is one of the best improve spelling apps because it comes with spelling quizzes. Each quiz contains ten levels, and each level contains many questions. Each level has a different score, and you get a score depending on how fast you answer the questions. That’s not it. You’ll also get synonym, antonym, plural, and simple past tense quizzes. In each spelling quiz, you must select the correct word. While other quizzes come with different types of questions. Ultimate English Spelling Quiz also comes with spelling facts, similar words. foreign origin words, common slang, American vs British, acronyms, and phobias. While testing all these features, I kept running into the app crashing problem. I hope the developer will fix this as soon as possible. You can access your score by tapping on leaderboard button on the main screen. The pp has 4.5 ratings on both the stores. Check out the app on the App Store and Google Play.
- Comes with many quizzes to help you learn to spell words.
- The ad-free version is very cheap.
- The app kept crashing on some of the tools.
Another app which helps you learn words spelling quickly. The app comes with three tools, including spelling quiz, review your mistakes, and practice your mistakes. In the spelling quiz, you get 40 levels, and each level contains 15 questions. As you complete one level, the next level unlocks automatically. On the question’s screen, you see the meaning of the word with its usage. You hear the word, and you must type that word. There is an option to hear the word again, or if you can’t get the word right, you can skip the question.
To view the skipped words, you can go to view your mistakes menu, which shows you the mistakes you made while practising. If you want to practice your mistakes, go to the third tool, which is practice. The section only shows the questions which you missed in the spelling quiz section. The app is only available on Android, but it sure is a great improve spelling app. The app has over 1 million installs on Google Play.
Check out: Grammarly vs Microsoft Word.
- The ad-free version is cheap.
- The app stores your mistakes so you can come back later to practice.
Here is the end of the best improve spelling apps article. I hope you found the perfect app to learn English speaking quickly. You must remember one thing which, there is no age limit for learning. Keep up and hard work, your spelling will improve. Anyway, thanks for having a read. Have a suggestion, please let me know, and I’ll update the article. Also, if you have any comments, feel free to post in the comments below.
The images are the screenshots of the apps and they are the property of the publisher/developer. Last updated on 2/Sept/2019.