Which is the best video converter app for Android? With rising technology, we want everything on our phone. No one has the time to open their PC and wait until it responses and then find a software then delete that software and find a free one. After wasting a few hours, congratulations you get a low-quality video or audio which reminds you of the 1990s. I can understand the feeling because I have been there. After testing many apps on my phone, I have concluded the top 7 best video converter apps for Android available to install for free in 2019.
The app is excellent, and I have already recommended this app on my article how to fix unsupported audio-video codec issues. It has a simple interface, and it asks for a few details, including video quality and the format. The app works in the background, which means you don’t need to sit and watch it converting. After installing, you will need to allow the app to see your files. Once that’s done, let’s see what the app has to offer.
- You can convert AVI, MP4, FLV, MPEG-1,2, MOV, WMV, MKV, VOB, 3GP, SWF, MP3, AAC and few more to any of the mentioned formats.
- You can convert the video to high-quality audio.
- Merge and join videos. Add multiple video files and make them one video.
- Cut and trim a video.
- Cut and trim audio.
- Compress video (freemium). The app compressed a 26 MB video into 8 MB. Check out the quality comparison here.
- Add slow-motion effect to videos (freemium).
- Create ringtones.
- Reverse a video (freemium).
See what Video Converter can do for you. Check out the app here.
- The app can work in the background
- The app supports many formats.
- It supports many tools.
- The comparison works very well.
- It asks for location permission, which is odd for a video converter.
Full Video Converter
A new app Full Video Converter has the potential to take over the market and call itself one of the best video converter apps for Android. The app can do a lot of things for free (which is the best part). The app does not limit any feature. You can convert, compress, and edit as much as you want. The app only comes with ad-free in-app purchase. Here is what the app can do. The good thing about the app is it can convert the audio with the video as well.
- Convert a video. Full video converter supports a wide range to video formats to run and convert.
- Compress a video. A 30 MB video was converted into 8 MB video.
- Convert video to audio / MP3.
- Slow down a video to x0.25.
- Add audio to a video. You can override the existing audio and add a new to the video.
- Faster a video to x1.75.
- Rotate a video to 90 and 180 degrees.
- Trim a video.
The app is easy to navigate as it only has one main screen with buttons. There is help and troubleshoot options in the left-hand menu. Install the app by clicking here.
- Completely free.
- Supports many features.
- Easy to navigate.
- The built-in video player can’t support some of the video formats to play after the process has finished.
A simple, lightweight and easy to use converter from antvplayer. It currently has over 5 million downloads and 64 thousand ratings. The default interface reminds you of Windows 98, but everything is clear to understand. The settings menu comes with options including theme, output folders, extensions and a few more. There is a button on the top to open the output folder.
You can convert videos to MP4 and MP3 with one tap. It comes with a feature called Expert. The expert mode lets you customise the video. You can:
- You can crop the video.
- Change audio quality, bitrate and sample rate.
- Change video quality, bitrate, save location, sample rate.
- Tapping on that button shows a wide range of customisation options for you to try.
The app supports formats including MP4, OGG, 3GP, AVI, MPEG, FLV, M4A, 3GA, OGA, WAV and GIF. You can also change the output folder before converting. Media Converter can also convert from MKV to MP4 quickly. Check out and install the app by clicking here.
- Simple to use. Convert the video with one tab.
- Old interface.
Check out: Top 10 Must-Have Android Apps in 2019
Video to MP3 Converter, Video Compressor-VidCompact
Developed by VideoShow EnjoyMobi Video Editor & Video Maker Inc. VidCompact is a different level converter. The app lets you convert videos to MP4 and MP3. You can also trim and compress a video or multiple videos if you want. Using the app is straightforward, and it converts the videos faster than other converters. Another good feature of VidCompact is it lets you enjoy the premium for free. You will have to install an app suggested by VidCompact, and you can enjoy the app with functionalities including no ads, 4K video compression and support extra many other formats to convert videos to MP4. Converting the video to MP3 is also available below the MP4 option. The app can also be called one of the best video to mp3 converter for Android. Check out the app here.
- Its own interface makes it different from others.
- The app supports limited features.
Check out: HERE WeGo vs Waze
The last one on the list is Video Converter by Vidsoftech. It has almost the same features as the first one. It allows you to convert, join, merge, add slow motion, reverse video, cut/trim the video, extract audio and create ringtones. All the free and premium features are the same. The app has over 50K downloads and over 550 ratings. It has a better interface and while converting it shows the percentage of the machines which can support the selected extension. What the app can do:
- Video Converter supports extensions including FLV, MP4, MPEG1,2, MKV, MOV, MWV, AVI, 3GP, VOB, AAC, MP3, WAV and a few more.
- You can compress videos.
- Add slow-motion effect to the video. The free one only supports 10 seconds. You can add a video and select the part you want in slow motion.
- Join and merge the videos.
- Reverse a video (10-sec rule).
- Cut and trim videos.
- Extract audio from the video.
- Make ringtones.
With great feature for free, Video Converter is one of the best Video Converter for Android in 2019. Install it here for free.
- Video Converter supports many formats.
- The app can convert in the background.
Video Converter MP4, 3GP, MKV Cutter Trimmer
A new converter in the town. Video Converter MP4, 3GP, MKV Cutter Trimmer is an easy to navigate converter. The app has the potential to do many things:
- Video conversion (compress).
- Audio conversion
- Audio merging.
- Video cutting.
- Audio cutting.
- Video to audio conversion.
All the above features are available for free. Meanwhile, the premium is also available, which comes with some extra features including cut and trim, fast conversion, select more than two videos to convert, extended format support, and ads free. It supports MP4, 3GP, MOV, FLV, M4V, MKV, AVI, MPG, MTS, MPEG, and VOB formats. Download the app on Google Play here.
- Easy to navigate the app.
- It supports many formats for free.
- It does not take that much time to convert.
- The app converts the audio with the video as well.
- Minimising the app can stop the conversion process.
- The compressed video size took more storage then normally converted video.
- The lifetime licence is expensive.
- After selecting a task, the app goes to the files instead of showing all the available videos.
Video Converter Android
A simple free converter is available to install right now. The app is developed by aKingi org. The app does not ask too many questions. You can select the video you want and convert into formats including MP4, MP3, AC3, FLV, AVI, M4A, MP2, MPG, MOV, VOB, WAV, WEBM, WMA and WMV for free. Meanwhile, you can also convert the video into FLAC, MKV and OGG after purchasing the premium key. You can also configure video and audio separately before converting. Other options include adding meta information and a premium feature cutting the video. The premium key is about $5, and it is available as a separate app on Google Play. Check out the app here.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Supports so many extensions.
Here is the end of best video converter apps for Android article. It can be frustrating when you want the video in the format you wish, and the apps keep asking you to pay or they place the watermark. With hundreds of video converter apps, it’s hard to pick the right one. Anyway, I hope the article helped. Let me know your experience with any video converters you have used. Leave a comment so we can discuss.
Image information: The images used are the official icon for the apps. An icon is the property of the owner/developer. None of the photos belongs to me. None of the apps is promoted for my benefit.